Maison Fauve-MANHATTAN Blazer Sewing Pattern
When a blazer is irresistible... This is Manhattan! This jacket is definitely the centerpiece of the Empire State of Fauve collection: a tailored cut with yokes, marked shoulders, a bold arrow collar, a fashionable length perfect for wearing your belted blazer and the option to sew in a welt pocket with flap or a patch pocket with flap. And the finishing touches are impeccable all the way through because your jacket is fully lined, with a secret pocket inside the garment. Terribly chic no?!
Sewing level : The technical points are the assembly of the collar, the installation of the epaulets/sleeve head tabs and the assembly of the lining on the jacket.
- A pair of shoulder pads 11 cm long and 1 cm thick
- One pair of sleeve head cigarettes (these 2 items are available with the purchase of your Manhattan pattern and on our online store)
- 90 cm of fusible interfacing for pieces 6-7-8-14-23 and the bottom of pieces 1-2-3-4-5
- 2 buttons of 20-22 mm
- Fabric for a 140 cm width:
34-40: 180 cm
42-46 : 200 cm
48-52 : 215 cm
- Lining for a width in 140 cm :
34-40: 130 cm
42-44: 140 cm
46-52: 160 cm
A light wool, fine tweed, Prince of Wales, velvet, soft fabrics between 150 and 300 g/m2. The jacket has a tight fit, I recommend you choose a specific fabric for the linings, like our acetate/viscose or Bemberg which is more breathable than polyester.