Avid Seamstress Patterns, The Sun Dress.
Meet our beautiful sewing pattern, The Sun Dress. Perfect for all year round, it‘s a great look for warmer months when you need a dress that‘s smart enough for the office yet stylish enough for weekend brunch. Throw a casual jacket or cardigan over the dress when the weather is cooler.
Team it with some luxury fabric and you‘ll also have your go-to formal dress for a range of occasions from wedding guest to evening events.
The Sun Dress features a fitted bodice with a square neckline, wide modern straps and a button-down front. The bodice has a front side dart and the back a waist dart. A pleated skirt with pockets offers a fun, flattering silhouette as well as comfort and practicality for your day-to-day activities.
The wide skirt hem finishes the look. The dress is fastened by a concealed zipper at the back.
For inspiration, head to our Instagram Story Highlights and view our sewing patterns made up by our community of Avid Seamstresses.
Pattern sizes - UK 6 - UK 22
Skill level - Intermediate
The Sun Dress is suitable for light to medium-weight fabrics such as cotton, chambray and linen. Consider making The Sun Dress in light-weight striped linen for a classic take on the French Riviera style.
Fabric, thread, 41cm/16" invisible zipper, four 2cm buttons, 25cm/20" iron on interfacing
112cm / 44" wide
UK6 - UK12 = 2.4m
UK14 - UK20 - 2.5m
* Size UK22 needs to be fitted onto 114cm / 45" wide fabric and would require 2.5mts
145cm / 57" wide
UK6 - UK12 - 2mts
UK14 - UK22 - 2.4mts
- Sewing pattern sheet printed on high-quality 60gsm pattern paper (irons/pins beautifully)
- Photographed step-by-step instruction booklet
- Guide to taking accurate measurements
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- All encased in a re-closable envelope