Named Clothing- Sirkka Hooded Jacket Sewing Pattern
Sirkka is a light, unlined jacket with a detachable hood, long sleeves, and a zipper closure. The jacket features a high collar and large patch pockets with a side pocket and another pocket underneath the flap. The top half of the zipper is covered with a zipper shield with snap button closure. The overlapping pocket flaps with snaps create a fun little detail. The hood, hemline and cuffs are gathered with elastic cords. All seams of the jacket are sewn using flat-felled seams for a neat and durable finish..
FABRIC & SUPPLIES
Choose a light weight outerwear fabric. You can use your main fabric to line the hood or, if your fabric is very static or coarse, choose a separate lining fabric for it. Make sure to choose light snap fasteners: heavy-duty snaps might damage the light fabric.
- (Lining, 65 cm (3/4 yd) )
- Fusible interfacing, 95 cm (1 yd)
- Zipper, sizes 32–44: 70 cm (27”) / sizes 46–56: 75 cm (29”)
- Medium-size snaps, 12 pcs
- Eyelets, 6 pcs
- Elastic cord, your high hip circumference + 250 cm (2 3/4 yd)
- Cord stoppers, 6 pcs
- Fold over elastic tape, 190 cm (2 1/8 yd)